One of the most avoidable things in the cooking world, but something that still happens too often, is under seasoned veggies. I think perhaps the reason Americans hate vegetable so much, is because we’ve been eating them wrong. Steamed veggies?. Flavorless baked veggies? Assorted fresh veggies served with nothing but ranch? No thank you.
Roasted vegetables are key to incorporating more plants into your diet. Here is an easy yet flavorful way to do so.
Spicy Pepper BroccoliCourse: Dinner, Sides, Lunch, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
3 cups of broccoli
1 tsp minced garlic
1 chile pepper
1 tbs. of onion salt
3 tbs. of balsamic vinegar
2 tbs. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry spices and stir with balsamic vinegar and oil to make a marinade.
- Mince your chile pepper and garlic. Combine to marinade.
- Dress your broccoli and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add to a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. (More or less to taste.) Be sure to stir around every 5 minutes!
- Enjoy!! I served mine with open-faced-sandwiches.