I honestly don’t know if this would be classified as breakfast, or dessert, but either way it is certainly delicious. In addition to being absolutely scrumptious, it is also made with relatively whole ingredients. It is gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar free!
Here’s what you’ll need…
Oat flour (blended oats)
Now that Christmas season is here, I feel like we should really get all cozy. Nothing does the trick quite like cinnamon rolls and banana bread. Putting them together. Wow. It is also one of those dishes that is perfect for making with the family.
Banana Bread Cinnamon RollsCourse: Breakfast, DessertDifficulty: Medium
- Banana Bread Dough
3 cups of oat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 packet of dry active yeast
3 tablespoons of flax meal
1 tbs of vanilla
- Cinnamon Filling
2 tbs of coconut oil
1 tbs of cinnamon
2 tbs of coconut sugar (or any other sweetener)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Make flax eggs by adding 5 tablespoons of water to the flax meal and letting sit for 2-5 minutes.
- Add the flax eggs and stir wet ingredients.
- Prepare yeast as per packet instructions, and let bloom.
- Add oat flour, yeast, baking powder, and baking soda to the wet ingredients.
- Let sit in a warm and dry place to rise for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil, cinnamon, & coconut sugar for the cinnamon filling.
- Take the risen dough, roll it out thinly, and spread cinnamon filling. Roll it up!
- (Optional) Use dental floss to cut, and add to a 9 inch greased pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Add icing, and enjoy! We used store bought icing!